UDС 622.012: 004.15 https://doi.org/10.31721/2414-9055.2017.3.2.23
SYSTEM ANALYSIS OF THE ACCIDENT RISK OF SURFACE MINING
OBJECTS AS A BASIS FOR THEIR SAFE OPERATION
Brovko D. V., PhD, Associate Professor,
Khvorost V. V., PhD, Associate Professor
SIHE “Kryvyi Rih National University”
Full text: (PDF)
Purpose. Making one of the reliability assessment methods of structural elements of objects surface mines as a system of risk analysis of possible defects in the construction of structures and organizational reasons that can lead to an accident, allowing to manage security in the operation.
Methodology. Developed the analytical model for determining the accident risk assessment of structures (structural collapse), in which made the diagnostics of the technical state of the object surface mines and found the value of the actual degree of survivability. To determine the risk standard levels an object is represented as a system consisting of connected groups of the same type of bearing elements. During the simulation are considered the main parameters: technical, human and organizational factors, as well as the cost of the work related to improving security.
Scientific novelty. The scientific novelty of proposed method is an adequate description of reliability degree of bearing elements of the object surface mines, which will take its place among the new modern experimental studies of the structures of the industrial site.
Practical significance. Made the methods for system risk analyses of possible structural defect, which allows to determine the reliability of an object at a particular time and safe residual life. As a result of the proposed measures increased assessment of costs and benefits from implementation of measures to reduce the risk of an accident based on the hazard identification. Developed the final recommendations for the safe operation facilities using the existing regulatory framework on labor protection.
Results. Identified three areas of risk like negligible risk, acceptable risk (which is not so small to be ignored, but not large enough to consider it excessive) and unacceptable risk (so large that it is considered excessive). Obtained the model that allows to perform systematic risk analyses of possible structural defects in construction, by comparing with its actual acceptable boundaries. The proposed method can be used in practice to assess the survivability degree and safe residual life of the object.
Key words: risk, accident, reliability, safety, residual life.
- Safety, Sanitation and Hygiene. Terminology: A Reference Guide. Moscow: Edition of Standards, 1990.
- Formal Safety Assessment Including Environmental Indexing of Ships. MEPS 45/13, 2000.
- Korzhyk, В.М. Тheoretical basics of life safety. Kyjiv, 1995.
- Holicky, M., Diamantidis, D., Sykora, M. Risk and reliability acceptance criteria for civil engineering structures. In: Structural Reliability and Modelling in Mechanics. Czech Republic, 2016
- Holicky, , Diamantidis, D., Sykora, M. Determination of target safety for structures. In: Haukaas, T. (Ed.) (2015). Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, July
- Holicky, M., Diamantidis, D., Johan, V. Retief, Celeste, V.: On standardization of the reliability basis of structural design. In: Haukaas, T. (Ed.) (2015). Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering (ICASP12), Vancouver, Canada, July 12-15.
- Holicky, M., Sykora, M.: Probabilistic Assessment Of Industrial Heritage Structures: Framework And Case Study. In: WIT Press, Ashurst Lodge, Southampton, UK. 2013
- M. Chaminda Konthesinghaa, Mark, G. Stewarta, Paraic, R., John, G., David, H.: Reliability based vulnerability modelling of metal-clad industrial buildings to extreme wind loading for cyclonic regions. In: Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics.2015.
- Zhang, Lei, Jie, Liu: Research on Industrial Building’s Reliability Assessment Based on Projection Pursuit Model. In: Computational Intelligence and Security (CIS), 2011 Seventh International Conference on, December 2011,Hainan. 2011.
- Globalna aspekty Ekonomii Światowej i Stosunków Międzynarodowych w warunkach niestabilności gospodarczej: monografia Międzynarodowej Konferencji Naukowo-Praktycznej, Częstochowa, Akademia polonijna, 2016.
- Brovko, D. V. Study of metal structures of the arched mounting in the conditions of Kryvyi Rih iron ore basin.Dnepropetrovsk: IGTM National Academy of Sciences. no. 123. 2015.
- Brovko, D. V. Determination of the reliability of mining facilities and constructions in the conditions of limited information. Scientific journal “Smart and Young”. no.3 (2016): 152-157.
- Brovko, D. V., Risk reliability assessment of structures operated facilities at the mining enterprise. Collection of scientific works. Minsk. 2013.
- Brovko, D. V. Prospects of maintaining production capacities of the mines and quarries in Kryvbas. Collection of scientific papers: news of the Tula state University.Tula, 2013.
- Andreev, В. М., Brovko, D. V. and Khvorost, V. V. Determination of reliability and justification of object parameters on the surface mines taking into account changeover to the lighter enclosing structures. Metallurgical and Mining Industry,no.12. 2015.
- Andreev, B. M. Determination of reliability and justification of object parameters on the surface mines with the light of the transition to lightweight .Metallurgical and mining industry. № 12(2015): 378-382.